- JobTrainer Fund
Are you a Job Seeker or School Leaver/Young Person looking for employment?
You can now obtain units of competency relevant to the Mining and Civil Construction sectors at zero cost. This includes Standard 11 units, Working at Heights, Confined Spaces and more.
Coal Train are offering the RII20120 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation qualification at no cost to eligible participants. This qualification is fully funded through JobTrainer which is a jointly funded initiative of the Australian and state and territory government.
Duration: Approximately three weeks
Cost: This qualification is funded through JobTrainer for eligible participants. Please refer to Eligibility requirements below.
RII20120 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation qualification
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIENV201E Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICCM201E Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIISAM202E Isolate and access plant
- RIISAM203E Use hand and power tools
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
To be eligible to enrol in a training place funded under the JobTrainer Fund, you must:
- Permanently reside in Queensland; and
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- Have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled); and
- Not be enrolled in training (includes vocational education and training (VET) and higher education courses); and
- Not have previously completed a qualification funded under the JobTrainer Fund; and
- Either be a (i) Job seeker OR (ii) School leaver/Young person as defined below:
(i) Job seeker means an individual aged 15 years or older who is:
- out of work; or
- in receipt of income support payments.
(ii) From 1 October 2021, school leaver or young person means an individual who is aged 16 to 24 years, regardless of employment status.
This program is fully funded by the JobTrainer Fund. There is no charge to eligible participants.
For further information about the JobTrainer fund please click on the following link to view the JobTrainer Fund Student Fact Sheet. Please note that Students can only access one funded training place to complete an eligible qualification under the JobTrainer Fund.