- Certificate 3 Guarantee
Certificate 3 Guarantee Funding
Coal Train is a Skills Assure Supplier (SAS) under the VET Investment Program. Certificate 3 Guarantee is a Queensland Government initiative to improve career opportunities and job prospects for Queenslanders who are eligible for enrolment.
Prospective students are only eligible for one subsidised training place in the Certificate 3 Guarantee program and completing a Certificate under this program may effect eligibility for other subsidised programs. The Queensland Government certificate 3 guarantee student fact sheet can be downloaded below.
Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program (C3G), Coal Train are approved to deliver the following qualifications:
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- FSK10213 Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways
- RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation
- SIT10216 Certificate I in Hospitality
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
Only registered training organisations (training providers) that meet the Queensland Government’s entry requirements are authorised to use the Skills Assure identifier.
By choosing a subsidised course delivered by a Skills Assure supplier, you can gain skills that are valued by industry and that will help get you a job once you are finished your studies.
Skills Assure is being implemented by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training as a key initiative of the Skills for Queensland: Great training for quality jobs strategy.
The Queensland Government is committed to ensuring all funded providers are of the highest quality, a position that is consistent with current reforms being led through the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Skills Council.
Three (3) to twenty six (26) weeks depending on the program, schedule, experience and availability of the participant
The training will be a mix of face to face and work experience depending on the participant. The majority of the training will include face to face theory delivered in a classroom setting followed by practical applications in a workplace simulated environment.
student contribution fee
To be eligible for Concession you need to meet the below criteria:
- hold a valid health care or concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or
- have proof that you are a partner or dependant of a person who holds a valid health care or concession card and is named on that card, or
- are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- School student and is enrolled in a VETiS program
- Student has a disability
- Student is an adult prisoner
BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- BSBWHS302Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplac
- BSBDIV301Work effectively with diversity
- BSBFLM303Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBFLM309Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- BSBINN301Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBADM311Maintain business resources
- BSBCUS301Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBFLM305Support operational plan
- BSBINM301Organise workplace information
- BSBITU312Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU313Design and produce text documents
- BSBITU314Produce Spreadsheets
To be eligible to enrol in training/assessment under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, prospective students must:
- Be aged 15 years or above
- No longer attend school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including Qualifications completed at school
Note: A trade is considered a Certificate III qualification, if you are unsure of your eligibility, contact office staff at Coal Trainapply for eligibility online
student training and employment survey requirement
Each participant will be required to complete a Student Training and Employment Survey within three (3) months of completing the Qualification. This survey will be emailed to the students to completed and send back.download survey