Provide First Aid
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Units of Competency
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This course includes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies. The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
This course includes the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties • Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED) • Legal issues in first aid • Infection control • Diabetes and seizures
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Medical emergencies
- Abdominal and chest injuries
- Poisoning management
- Bites and stings
- Allergic reactions and Anaphylaxis
- Wound and bleeding management
- Safety and risk management
All competent students will receive a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the above unit of competency.
We offer a variety of delivery methods to suit your needs. Coal Train offer the below course options:
Face to Face (no online components)
This is a full face to face course delivered over two full training days.
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements or prerequisites to undertake this training.
Duration: Two (2) days of face to face training.
Blended Delivery (Online theory with face to face practical) *Coming soon*
Participants will need to complete online learning prior to being enrolled in a one day face to face practical day.
Entry Requirements: Participants will be required to undertake an online e-learning module including assessment prior to attending the face to face workshop. The one day face to face workshop will include a summary assessment to test knowledge/theory as well as practice for the practicals along with a practical assessment.
Duration: Online self-paced theory followed by one day face to face practicals and assessment.
We can facilitate either option above to a group/workplace either at your venue or at our facility. Please contact us on 07 4939 1445 for further information and pricing. Alternatively you can email the details for your booking request through to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org