DURATION: 5 Days
Units of Competency
- BSBINN301 Promote Innovation in a Team Environment
- BSBRES401 Analyse and Present Research Information
- BSBWHS402 Assist with Compliance with WHS Laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to WHS Consultations & Participation Processes
- BSBWHS404 WHS Hazard id, Risk Assessment and Control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to WHS Management Systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with Responding to Incidents
- BSBWHS407 Claims Management, Rehabilitation and Return-Work Programs
- BSBWHS408 WHS Management of Contractors
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to Work-Related Health and Safety Measures and Initiatives
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety training course is the usual minimum requirement for those who want to commence a career in occupational health & safety. After completing this qualification, you will be able to work as a health and safety practitioner, responsible for the organisation of the safety and health functions within a workplace.
This course is relevant to supervisors, union representatives, safety committee members, safety officers and others who identify and manage workplace health & safety hazards.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41415 will teach you how to comply with WH&S legislation, how to identify hazards and how to assess and control risks. You will learn how to contribute to WHS in a workplace environment, including aiding in the implementation of WH&S strategies to control risks and emergency procedures.
Qualification awarded upon successful completion: A ‘BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety’.
Funding is available for this Qualification under the Construction Skills Queensland Program.
To determine your eligibility please contact us on 07 4939 1445 or click here for more information.
Pathways into the qualification (Not Mandatory)
Preferred pathways for candidates entering this qualification include:
- BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety or
- Other relevant Certificate III qualifications
- Vocational experience in work health and safety roles without a formal qualification
Pathways from the qualification:
BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety