DURATION: 2 DAYS + Log Book
Units of Competency
- RIIMPO324E Conduct Civil Construction Grader Operations
A Grader is a self-propelled vehicle that is used to move and place construction materials using a centrally mounted blade. The materials that a civil construction grader will commonly work with include clay, mud, topsoil and organic materials, stones, rocks and gravel, silts and sand, and construction site materials such as bituminous mixes and waste materials.
This course offers the information and skills that you need to operate a grader including:
- Planning and preparing for grading activities
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Operating the grader
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments
- Relocating the grader
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Site clean-up
- Participants must be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health & Safety Requirement)
- Minimum of 17 years of age
- Wear steel cap safety boots
- Long pants
- Ear Plugs will be supplied
- Hi-Vis Shirt (Hi-Vis vest can be supplied for training use)
- Hat and sunscreen
Participants must return a completed Student Enrolment Form and USI Consent Form (if applicable) prior to course commencement.
Funding is available for this Course under the Construction Skills Queensland Program.
To determine your eligibility please contact us on 07 4939 1445 or click here for more information.