DURATION: 3 DAYS
Units of Competency
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the Workplace
- RIIRIS201D Conduct Local Risk Control
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response First Aid
- RIIWHS201D Work safely & follow OHS Policies & Procedures
- RIIGOV201D Comply with Site Work Processes/Procedures
- RIIERR302E Respond to Local Emergencies and Incidents
The Recognised Standard 11 Induction is valid for five (5) years, although various mine site compliances may require it to be refreshed every two (2) years. This will ensure that you are kept up to date with any changes and advancements introduced to the industry since the completed your initial course.
As of the 1st July 2011, the Queensland Government introduced a new standard called ‘Recognised Standard 11: Training in Coal Mines’. This training is delivered over a 3 day period and at the completion of the theory component, a Statement of Completion will be issued along with ID card. To obtain a Statement of Attainment, the completion of a practical Log Book is a requirement that must be completed and returned to Coal Train as evidence of practical training. This new standard has been introduced to elevate the level of basic training and safety required for working on Queensland Coal Mine Sites. Upon completion of the Log Book, the Trainer and Assessor will sign this off and participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
* Please note that BMA have their own Standard 11. If accessing a BMA site please contact BMA/site for their requirements.