Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Cluster 1
This qualification reflects the role of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Sector. Our Trainer and Assessor course is an extremely valuable qualification for those working in every industry. This qualification is a mandatory requirement for those facilitating nationally accredited training.
$1500.00 upon completion of Cluster Block 1 and;
$1500.00 upon completion of Cluster Block 2
*On December 7th 2022 the new TAE40122 Training package was released. The TAE40116 is equivalent to the new TAE40122 and at the moment will not require an upgrade or for Trainers to complete the new qualification. As per ASQA’s transition clause RTO’s are able to deliver training, assessment and certification of the TAE40116 until 09/12/2024. For further information about the requirements and transition extension timeframes please click here
Coal Train do not participate in VET Student Loans and these are only applicable to approved Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas.
To assist with fee payments, Coal Train offer payment plans to students. A schedule of payments will be planned according to your financial needs with students paying a deposit followed by a weekly agreed amount. Please note that you will not be issued your qualification until full payment has been received.
Learners must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed training and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
Coal Train utilises LLN (Language Literacy and Numeracy) testing for all qualification enrolments that are Certificate III or higher. The LLN testing is accessed online via the LLN Robot System which:
- Assess the learner’s LLN levels
- Analyse the ACSF levels of the course
- Compare learner results with the ACSF levels of the course
- Generate individualised LLN Training Plan for the learner
VOLUME OF LEARNING
The volume of learning will be determined from the evidence that you supply on your TAE Application Form. For the nominal hours/cohort group that you have been identified as please refer to your tailored training plan.
Volume of Learning will include:
- 10 days face-to-face training
- Post course workbook
- Workplace validation record
- Summative assessment presentation
The different cohort groups are listed below
Primary learners with no training and assessment experience
Volume of learning will be 340 hours over 6 to 24 months and includes:
- Intensive face-to-face – 80 hours
- Post-course workbook – 260 hours
Learners with industry experience; non-accredited training experience
Volume of learning will be 240 hours over 6 to 24 months and includes:
- Intensive face-to-face – 80 hours
- Post-course workbook – 160 hours
Learners with industry experience; TAA04 qualification
Your volume of learning will be 140 hours over 6 months and includes:
- Intensive face-to-face – 80 hours
- Post-course workbook – 60 hours
Students who want extra time to master topics or engage in further tuition will have access to additional summative assessment days for 6-24 months post course.
This qualification has ten (10) units – nine (9) core units and one (1) elective unit.
The following table details the specific evidence requirements for each unit of competency.
DURATION & SCHEDULING:
The course is structured as follows:
Face-to-face: 2 x 5 day clusters
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities & processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
**Students must complete cluster 1 and post-course workbook 1 before moving onto cluster 2.
POST COURSE WORKBOOK
At the completion of each cluster, students will be provided with a post course workbook. This allows students to further their learning and demonstrate application of training and assessment ideally in the workplace. If the post course work cannot be completed in the student’s workplace, Coal Train encourages students to participate in the presentation days at Coal Train.
The post course workbook will have activities/practical which will need to be completed in the workplace including:
- Facilitation to small and large groups
- Develop delivery plans
- Develop questionnaires
- Record sessions in a Workplace Validation Record
- Develop assessment plan for training session
- Develop assessment tool
- Develop assessment instruments for unit of competence
Students will have up to 24 months to complete the course. If additional time is required for completion, please contact Coal Train.
The person who signs your workbook must hold the TAE40110 or it’s successor
On successful completion of this course, competent students will be issued a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
PATHWAYS FROM THIS QUALIFICATION
The skills derived from the units of competency within this qualification are suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
After achieving TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment, learners may undertake TAE50116 Diploma of Training and Assessment or may choose to undertake TAE80113 – Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
When an applicant accepts a place offered Coal Train Australia Pty Ltd and pays the fees, it means a contract is established between the applicant and Coal Train Australia Pty Ltd. Notification of cancellation/withdrawal from this course must be made to Coal Train Australia.
The following cancellation fees /refunds will apply as follows:
- Participants who provide notice to cancel their enrolment more than 24 hours prior to the commencement of the course will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
- Participants who provide notice to cancel their enrolment less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of the course will be not be entitled to a refund of the enrolment deposit paid. The amount retained by Coal Train is required to cover the cost of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training.
- Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
If Coal Train Australia Pty Ltd cancels a course, then a full refund will be made available to whoever paid the course fee.
if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal, the participant will be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled program in-lieu of a refund. General Manager may also authorise a refund of tuition fees if the circumstances require it.