DURATION: 2 DAYS + Log Book
Units of Competency
- RIIMPO319D Backhoe / Loader operations
A backhoe/loader is a wheeled, self-propelled machine with a front-mounted bucket and rear-mounted backhoe/loader attachment. The backhoe/loader loads and pushes materials. The backhoe/loader attachment digs into the ground to excavate materials. When the bucket lifts or swings, it moves the materials toward the machine and then into the discharge area.
This course offers the information and skills that you need to operate a backhoe/loader including:
- Planning and preparing for operations
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Operating the backhoe/loader
- Relocating the backhoe/loader from site to site
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Cleaning up
- Participants must be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health & Safety Requirement)
- Minimum of 17 years of age
- Wear steel cap safety boots
- Hi-Vis Shirt (Hi-Vis vest can be supplied for training use)
- Long Pants
- Ear Plugs will be supplied
- Hat and sunscreen
Participants must return a completed Student Enrolment Form and USI Consent Form (if applicable) prior to course commencement.
Funding is available for this Course under the Construction Skills Queensland Program.
To determine your eligibility please contact us on 07 4939 1445 or click here for more information.