- Certificate IV Work Health & Safety
Certificate IV Work Health & Safety
This qualification is suitable for people working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role who work to provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
DURATION: 5 Days
Face to face training, approximately 8 hours per day commencing at 8:00 am.
Participants will also be required to complete two (2) units prior to the face to face training.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information*
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment*
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety training course is the usual minimum requirement for those who want to commence a career in occupational health & safety. After completing this qualification, you will be able to work as a health and safety practitioner, responsible for the organisation of the safety and health functions within a workplace.
This course is relevant to supervisors, union representatives, safety committee members, safety officers and others who identify and manage workplace health & safety hazards.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41415 will teach you how to comply with WH&S legislation, how to identify hazards and how to assess and control risks. You will learn how to contribute to WHS in a workplace environment, including aiding in the implementation of WH&S strategies to control risks and emergency procedures.
Prior to commencing face to face training, you will be required to complete the units BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information and BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment. Upon completion, these can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification awarded upon successful completion: A ‘BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety’.
Funding is available for this Qualification under the Construction Skills Queensland Program.
To determine your eligibility please contact us on 07 4939 1445 or click here for more information.
Pathways into the qualification (Not Mandatory)
Preferred pathways for candidates entering this qualification include:
- BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety or
- Other relevant Certificate III qualifications
- Vocational experience in work health and safety roles without a formal qualification
Pathways from the qualification:
BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety