- Certificate 3 Guarantee
Certificate 3 Guarantee Funding
Coal Train is a Pre-Qualified Supplier under the VET Investment Program. Certificate 3 Guarantee is a Queensland Government initiative to improve career opportunities and job prospects for Queenslanders who are eligible for enrolment.
Prospective students are only eligible for one subsidised training place in the Certificate 3 Guarantee program and completing a Certificate under this program may effect eligibility for other subsidised programs. The Queensland Government certificate 3 guarantee student fact sheet can be downloaded below.
Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program (C3G), Coal Train are offering the RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations.
Complete your Standard 11, Supervisor, Light Vehicle, First Aid, Articulated Haul Truck and Hydraulic Excavator.
Approximately 4 weeks depending on schedule and participants availability
The training will be a mix of face to face and work experience depending on the participant. The majority of the training will include face to face theory delivered in a classroom setting followed by practical applications in a workplace simulated environment.
student contribution fee
To be eligible for Concession you need to meet the below criteria:
- hold a valid health care or concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or
- have proof that you are a partner or dependant of a person who holds a valid health care or concession card and is named on that card, or
- are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- School student and is enrolled in a VETiS program
- Student has a disability
- Student is an adult prisoner
Rii30115 certificate iii in surface extraction operations
- RIIWHS201DWork safely and follow WHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIENV201DIdentify and assess Environmental and Heritage Concerns
- RIIRIS301DApply Risk Management Processes
- RIICOM301DCommunicate Information
- RIIGOV201DComply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
- RIIVEH201DOperate Light Vehicle
- RIIMPO301DConduct hydraulic excavator operations
- RIIMPO337DConduct Articulated Truck Operations
- HLTAID003Provide First Aid
- RIIWHS301DConduct Safety and Health Investigations
- RIIERR302DRespond to Local Emergencies and Incidents
- RIICOM201DCommunicate in the Workplace
- RIIERR205DApply Initial Response First Aid
To be eligible to enrol in training/assessment under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, prospective students must:
- Be aged 15 years or above
- No longer attend school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including Qualifications completed at school
Note: A trade is considered a Certificate III qualification, if you are unsure of your eligibility, contact office staff at Coal Trainapply for eligibility online
student training and employment survey requirement
Each participant will be required to complete a Student Training and Employment Survey within three (3) months of completing the Qualification. This survey will be emailed to the students to completed and send back.download survey